Monday, August 11, 2008

There's no place like home!


So, I have been gone for the better part of 2 weeks, visiting Utah, Idaho, (a brief jaunt to Wyoming), and then to Colorado. I was in UT/ID to join my youngest sister, Kelli, as she went through the temple for the first time. It was great to be there with her, as well as with a lot of other family members.

This last weekend, we had a family reunion in Granby, Colorado, which is where my parents are living right now. We had a great time in Rocky Mountain National Park, which is where the firt two pictures are from. I was the lucky duck who got to put on the fur coat and sweet hat! We also went to a beautiful area called Monarch Lake. It was great! The family outing was a nice hike around a portion of the lake. It was really beautiful! Everyone had a great time! We are only hoping that the three youngest siblings who weren't there this weekend, can join us next year for our family reunion! I love being in the mountains! It is always so refreshing and therapeutic!

The other thing I love is being an Aunt! I had a great time with the nieces and nephews this weekend! They are so much fun! (third picture!)

Now, I am home for about 3.5 weeks before heading out to Utah again for my bike race! I love to travel but it is nice to be home and sleeping in my own bed again! :) Here are a few more pics from the weekend!




My dad and brothers ran around part of Monarch Lake while the others hiked! It was so beautiful!!!
More of my fun nieces and nephews - at the continental divide in RMNP!

5 comments:

tamra said...

Hi Judy,
The pics from Colorado are GREAT! It looks so beautiful there! I am glad you have such a flexible schedule to enjoy all the traveling & races, etc... Must be nice to escape the HEAT!

amy said...

Good job! The blog looks great. I picture of you and the kids is priceless. You are a great Aunt.

Lacy King said...

FUN TIMES SISTER! And you know I am an Idaho girl so YE HA there!

Allison Nelson said...

Good times!!! You look great in that coat. Peter and I are so moving to northern CO after our many years of dental school and residencies.

Unknown said...

YEAH! You're a blogger! I love it! Glad to be able to keep up with you!