Sunday, August 24, 2008

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike....

I have just to weeks to go until I ride in the LOTOJA Bike Race. This ride starts in Logan, Utah and finishes in Jackson Hole, WY - actually in Teton Village outside of Jackson. This will be my third year doing the ride. I have opted for the relay again this year. So, I have one relay partner, Andy, to help split up the 206 mile ride with. I don't really think I ever want to ride the whole thing again like I did the first year! I will ride 92 miles this year, and Andy will ride 114 miles. I get a good chunk of hill climbing this time around, as well as the last leg of the race. We switch off at different feed zones, and will take two turns each out on the course.

For training, I went out yesterday and rode 75 miles. Here is a brief recap.....up at 4:50 AM...on my bike at 5:25 AM...jackrabbits....altercation with a police officer (our entire group was stopped for riding more than two abreast)...over a gallon of fluids consumed...peanut butter and jelly...over 3500 calories burned...In-N-Out Burger consumed for lunch after the ride! I'm one step closer to purchasing a new bike. I don't think I will get it before the race, but it is coming! Here is what it looks like though. It will make riding a whole new experience!!! I just haven't stomached the money leaving my bank account yet!

2 comments:

amy said...

Still crazy after 3 years..for sure. That new ride looks sweet!

Brian and Jane said...

Can I come next year? I've gotten back to my workouts and will be ready by then. And maybe I'll just leave your shirt in my closet so I can see the little size and be motivated to strive for it!!! :-)