Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yes, it is gross.....

So, this may be more than you want to know but I am currently battling with a plantar's wart issue on my foot. This is the third time I have had to go get injections to try to make the virus go dormant. I have no idea how I initally got it but each time it comes back, it gets worse. NOT my idea of fun. So, on Thursday, I went back to the podiatrist for another round of injections. They inject an acid called Bleomyecin in to the affected area. The black areas you see in the picture are just where they did the injections and now those areas are bruised. It is very sore and still swollen. I can't put any pressure on my heel. It should take about 2 weeks to heal. That is a killer for me since I am so active. It drives me crazy not being able to exercise. I'll come up with some alternatives until my foot gets better. In the meantime, I am a bit immobile and, if I am up and about, it is for short periods of time. I guess this is one way to slow me down!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have some essential oils that might help... seriously. Call me.

AND we can talk about planning a trip or two.

Pyatt said...

Hey Judy--so good to catch up with you in the blogging world. Congrats on signing up for the iron man...That is a big commitment!! :) Hope your feet get better. Good to catch up with you.

amy said...

Um, nice picture.... I am in Jeff's room while friends rearrange stuff. Hope you are taking it EASY!

Allison Nelson said...

Judy, thats disgusting! :) Tee hee hee. Actually, its fun to see other peoples' bodily struggles, because we all have them. Hey, let's totally get together when I'm in town. Email me your cell phone again b/c my cell fell in the toilet 2 months ago and I lost my entire address book! AARGH. Okay, later.

Heather & James said...

Thanks for sharing that nasty picture! I haven't checked out your blog in awhile but i'm glad i did today! :) Sorry its keeping you off your feet - i know that for you that must be tough. It would kill me too!
-Heather (Smith) Janssen

David and Melissa said...

Did you know I had one as a kid? Same spot. Same foot. Crazy. Mine was burned out, I think when we were in VT, and it's never been a problem since. You might give it a try if it comes back again. I have just a little scar there and no one would know anything of it without my mention of it. Keep smiling!