Saturday, September 20, 2008

Did I really just commit to that?

Well, the time has come. After 5 years of volunteering, and now getting paid to work for Ironman, I have decided that I am going to race one myself!



On June 21, 2009, I will embark on racing at Ironman Coeur d'Alene in Idaho! I am in denial that I have committed to this! A 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a 26.2 mile run! Am I crazy? Don't answer that just yet - I already know what you are thinking! I just got my confirmation that I am registered. Wow!

I decided that I have the time in my life now to train for one so I might as well do it. I won't start my official training until December and maybe not even until January. It will be a solid 6 months of training, but I think I can do it! Good times await!

6 comments:

Kristen Lodge said...

I have signed up too. My first one. My training starts in Jan/Feb. 6 months is good. Have you done a 1/2 ironman? Good Luck. I will follow your blog, here's mine: http://myroadtoironman.blogspot.com/

Good luck! Kristen

Brian and Jane said...

Way to go!!!!!!! Good luck with that. Keep us updated on your training. And let us know when you'll be up there. I would love to come support you!!
I'm going to stick to my marathons and triathlons!!

Brian and Jane said...

I meant let us know when you will arrive up there. You already gave us the race date. :-)

Anonymous said...

yes, insane. But what a great goal!

Allison Nelson said...

Judy, you are CRAZY!!! But, I'm a little bit jealous b/c my right knee won't even let me jog a few miles. :( BUMMER. Anyway, we'll be anxious to hear about your training and your progress. We support you in your craziness. :)

Unknown said...

You rock. No surprise, really.