Sunday, June 14, 2009

Racing, Moving, Playing!

So, I haven't posted in a while so it is time for a brief update.

I am ONE WEEK away from my race in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho! I can hardly believe it! 24 weeks of training all coming down to one day of racing! Mentally, I am in a very good spot for racing. I have put in the time and effort for a great race. I've had a minor set-back with my running. I started having some knee pain about a month ago and it has not resolved itself yet. I'm doing my best to keep it as healthy as possible so that i can finish the race. The doctor says it is muscular and not structural, which is a good thing. It only hurts on the run. As long as I have a good, strong swim and bike, I will make it through the run - somehow! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed! I am excited to do the race - and more excited to be done with all the training!

I am in 'taper' mode, which means that my workouts are minimal this week so that my body hits its peak just in time for the race. It is nice to scale back a bit! I leave for Idaho on Wednesday! It is almost here! I can hardly believe it!

In other news, I moved two weeks ago! I now live in Mesa, in a little condo. I decided it was time for a change and that moving might be a good start. I'm living alone in a little 2 bedroom condo. I like that it also has an attached garage - somewheret to keep my bikes! :) It has been an adventure getting settled b/c I didn't have anything really of my own. So, new kitchen everything, new table and chairs, new vacuum, new side tables and coffee table, and so on. When I get back from the race, I will go find a new bed! Thank heavens for Ikea! It is a great way to get started on a budget! :) There is a lot I miss about living in Tempe, and living with Amy. It was a great place to be and Amy has been an amazing roommate for all these years. It is certainly an adjustment, but I like my little place and am getting used to calling it home!

I spent Memorial Day weekend at Lake Powell (after a quick trip to Idaho for my oldest niece's high school graduation). There were about 60 of us with 2 houseboats, 5 boats, and 4 jet skis. Despite the rainy weather, we had a great time! I made some new friends which was just an added bonus to the weekend! I enjoy being on the water and couldn't quite get enough! Pictures below! I am blessed to be able to get out an enjoy the outdoors!

That's it for today! I'll be sure to report on the race next time around!













No comments: